Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Life and Tea Times of Anna Bohn

Greetings, Blogosphere!
Let me introduce myself. My name is Anna. I'm a junior at a small but wonderful college in the middle of Missouri, and I am passionate about tea. With this blog, I'm hoping to bring others into the wonderful realm of tea drinkers, as well as provide some interesting facts and history about this timeless beverage. But first, I think I'll share a bit of my own history with tea.

I'm not quite sure how it began. My sisters were coffee-lovers in high school, but I didn't like coffee until college (unavoidable, I'm sure you'll agree). It may have been the need to branch out during from hot chocolate on our frequent Starbucks runs. Or maybe it stemmed from my family's love of Chinese food, leading to hot tea with our buffet lunches. But for whatever reason, I started drinking black tea from time to time in early high school, always with several packets of sugar. It wasn't long after this that I discovered the Teavana store at my local mall, and the real obsession began.


For those of you who don't know, Teavana is a self-proclaimed "heaven of tea." It can be found in many malls in the US, as well as online. For your first visit, I recommend going to a physical store. They have tantalizing samples placed strategically outside the store. After trying the samples, I wandered into the store, and as time went on my appreciation and knowledge of tea grew. I became more sensitive to the nuanced tastes and I used less and less and then little or no sugar.


Several years and a six month subscription to a Tea of the Month Club later, I consider tea not just a yummy and healthful alternative to sodas and coffee, but a hobby and an integral part of my lifestyle. I'm by no means an expert, but I hope you'll journey with me through this blog as I continue to explore the fascinating world of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment